DeWitt Middle School Hours:
8:55 am – 3:21 pm
(Doors open at 8:00 am)
In This Issue
On these days, parents are encouraged to develop a
plan so their children can safely stay home for an a
additional two hours. In the event that a two-hour delay is activated, the following procedures will be followed:
• Local news and radio stations will be contacted to report the delayed start, notices will be posted on the District website, Twitter and Facebook pages and emails will be sent to families using the SchoolMessenger system. Caregivers are encouraged to update their contact information in SchoolTool by contacting their school secretary.
• If conditions do not improve within two hours, classes may be cancelled for the entire day and the same methods of notification will be made.
• All bus routes will be delayed by exactly two hours (i.e. If your bus stop is normally at 8:37 a.m., it will be at 10:37 a.m. on delayed start days).
• All schools will start exactly two hours later than normal. Elementary students should arrive at school between 9:40 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
• Secondary school doors will open at 10:30 a.m. Students will follow a condensed bell schedule of all scheduled classes. There will be no zero period at Ithaca High School on two-hour delay days.
• Pre-K classes will NOT be held if a two-hour delay occurs on a Friday. This does not apply to Pre-K 12:45 dismissal classes.
• Simple breakfasts will be available to students
when schools open and regular lunches will be served at modified times.
• Schools will be dismissed at their normal times at the end of the school day.
Check the Ithaca City School
District Website: https://www.ithacacityschools.org.
If school is closed, or there is a delay, a banner will be posted on the home page. Notifications are also be found on the listserv, sent by email and text (see below).
The Ithaca City School District is adding text
messaging capability to SchoolMessenger
Communicate, the system it currently uses
to call and email families.
The new service will allow schools to send parents and guardians important informational text messages about events, school closings, safety alerts, and more, directly to their mobile devices. For details visit https://www.ithacacityschools.org/districtpage.cfm?pageid=1313
District Website: https://www.ithacacityschools.org. If school is closed, or there is a delay, a banner will be posted on the home page. Notifications are also be found on the listserv, sent by email and text (see below).
The 8th Grade Party celebration will be held at DeWitt Middle School on Friday, June 21. The 8th Grade Committee will be looking for parents and guardians to volunteer. The 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony is set for Monday, June 24 in Ithaca High School’s Kulp Auditorium. The 8th Grade Committee will be looking for volunteers to bring cupcakes to the event.
The next 8th Grade Committee meeting will be held on
Tuesday, March 19 at 7 p.m. at DeWitt Middle School All are welcome!